|Abigail Quammen, Miss Kentucky's Outstanding Teen 2017
The Miss Kentucky’s Outstanding Teen Pageant is an official
of the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Scholarship Organization. This
program is empowering young women through pageantry to develop
leadership skills, confidence and achieve their biggest goals in life.
MKYOT is changing Kentucky, one young woman at a time!
For information on upcoming MKYOT local preliminaries click the local preliminaries
link on the navigation bar to the left.
CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE OUTSTANDING TEEN CONTESTANT TO BE NAMED KENTUCKY'S CHOICE!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ABIGAIL QUAMMEN, MISS KENTUCKY'S OUTSTANDING TEEN 2017!
If you are interested in participating
in the Miss Kentucky's Outstanding Teen system, please read the contestant eligibility information below and if you meet the
criteria then please fill out the information below so that state & local pageant directors will be able to contact you
with entry information for their pageant. Make sure to hit submit after entering all the required information.
(1) Eligible if the contestant reaches
13 years of age by the first day of the 2017 Miss Kentucky’s Outstanding Teen competition.
(2) This chart represents eligibility based on a potential contestant’s Age and Education. There
are other eligibility requirements and rules including: Residency, Citizenship, Other Personal Characteristics, Contractual
and Other Obligations, and any special requirements of the Local or State Organization. Refer to the current MAOTeen
Application and Contract for Local and State Pageants for more detailed requirements.
(3) The last day that a local Miss pageant may be conducted in Kentucky.
(4) In this case the contestant could also be a high school graduate or have received her G.E.D.
(5) In this case the contestant must graduate from high school or receive her G.E.D. by the end of the Spring
2017 school year.
To be eligible
to compete in the Miss Kentucky's Outstanding Teen pageant, you must:
1. Be at least 13 years of age by May 25,
2017 and not older than 17 years of age on July 31, 2015. Also, you must not have graduated from high school
unless you are age 16 or younger and graduated early.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Be a resident of Kentucky
for at least six months (with proof of official document establishing residency, ie contestant or parent's driver's license,
automobile registration, current lease etc.) or currently be a student at a school in Kentucky (must submit copy of registration
form from the school).
4. Must be enrolled in
an accredited public, private or home schooling program with passing scores (passing score as determined by state accreditation
score) in academic and citizenship grades.
5. Must be female.
6. Not now nor have you ever been married.
7. Not now nor have you ever been pregnant
and not the adoptive parent of any child.
8. Be of good moral character and have not
been involved at any time in any act of moral turpitude.
9. Other than minor or petty offenses, have never been
convicted of any criminal offense and there are no criminal charges presently pending against you.
10. Be in good health and able to fully participate in
11. Do not use or consume any illegal controlled dangerous substances
or abuse the use of alcohol or other dangerous substances
12. Have never performed any act or engaged in any activity or employment that is or
could reasonably be characterized as dishonest, immoral, or indecent.
Here are the scoring percentages in the five phases of competition for local
Outstanding Teen pageants:
*Talent = 35%
*Private Interview = 25%
*Evening Wear & On-Stage Question = 25%
*Fitness = 15%